Politiet har raidet hjemmet til Tallbloke

Startet av Jostemikk, desember 15, 2011, 01:33:23 AM

« forrige - neste »

seoto

Kelvin Vaughan says: (WUWT)

The police are getting suspicious that global warming isn't happening and are looking for the truth.
They wouldn't find the truth on a warmists computer!

Fint å se det humoristiske i situasjonen ;)
Noen ganger er løgnen for stor til at man kan få øye på den.
Og når man ikke kan se at det er en løgn, velger man naturlig å tro på den.

Jostemikk

Ja heldigvis flere der ser galskapen; men stadig alt for få.
Dertil kommer desværre de der ikke vil se, hva de ser.

Spiren

seoto

Jostemikk

Man kan virkelig undres over hva det er som skjer. Les denne leserkommentaren fra The Air Vent:

SitatSteve Short said
December 15, 2011 at 6:01 am

Here's an interesting angle!

As soon as I saw the notification of Jeff's new thread about the Tallbloke raid I immediately copied it to Jo Nova here in Australia and then visited the web sites of all the major UK newspapers to see if they had any useful coverage.

There was no coverage. Nada.

I then posted a comment on a comments thread at the Guardian relating to a Guardian article discussing the powers and behaviour of the UK police during the recent riots there, asking why there had been no coverage by the Guardina ort any other UK newspapers of the recent Tallbloke police raid.

A perfectly relevant and reasonable query I thought?

Just out of idle curiousity I then left the web page of the readers comments thread open and went back to work, checking the comments thread it every 5 minutes or so to see if anyone else had any useful news to report (about the Tallbloke raid).

Exactly 18 minutes after I posted it, the Guardian's 'moderator' pulled my post stating it breached the newspaper's guidelines.......

Hvorfor vil ikke britisk MSM at denne saken skal bli kjent? Bare å nevne saken i kommentarfeltet i The Guardian er "mot våre retningslinjer", og kommentaren blir slettet.

Spiren

Jostemikk

Denne saken har tydeligvis inspirert Josh. For de som ikke er særlig kjent med Josh sine klimategninger, besøk Cartoons by Josh.

Spiren

ConTrari

Sitat fra: Jostemikk på desember 15, 2011, 16:39:41 PM
Denne saken har tydeligvis inspirert Josh. For de som ikke er særlig kjent med Josh sine klimategninger, besøk Cartoons by Josh.

Haha, der kom du meg i forkjøpet. Det er sikkert et av våre medlemmer som kunne tenke seg å bruke denne som sin avatar?  8)

Bebben

Tallbloke på Climate Audit:

SitatThe detective- insprctor and his colleagues were polite, well mannered and did not over-react when I declined to give them my wordpress password. I politely explained that they had a warrant to search my house, not my head.

:D
Baby, it's getting hot outside! Send for Greenpeace!

Bebben

Pointman kommenterer:

SitatThe what can only be called nominal reason for this raid, was that a comment was left by the Climategate leaker (FOIA) on Tallbloke's blog giving the location of the latest Climategate archive of emails for download. Given that his site is hosted in the USA, there can be no forensically relevant data on Tallbloke's computers in the UK, so why do the big gangbusters raid on his place?

A simple question with a simple answer – intimidation and not too subtle either. Why six detectives trampling all over your home rather than the more usual two? Intimidation again

(...)
Why the intimidation of skeptic bloggers? Easy, we're the only channel FOIA has to disseminate their material. As long as we're in the game, so is FOIA. It's as brutally simple as that.

(Utheving i original.)

Det er tankevekkende at det er bloggene som er den eneste muligheten "FOIA" har til å spre materialet han/hun/de har fått kloa i. Men uten støtte fra pressen og opinionen, er bloggerne svakere.

Man kan bli en smule paranoid når man ser hvilken ikke-nyhet Climategate 2.0 er. Heller ikke er ransakingen hos Tallbloke noen nyhet. Tenk om han hadde vært en fotballspiller?

Men hvis de tror at de kan skremme bloggerne til taushet, tror jeg de tar grundig feil. De vil bare bli enda mer iherdige, og finne nye måter å fortsette på. Det er svært mange dyktige folk i bloggosfæren...

Og FOIA er nok smartere enn at de kan fakke vedkommende via et innlegg på en blogg.

Amatør1

Omtale i MSM:

Obama's Justice Department joins Britain's 'Climategate' leaker manhunt

By: Christopher C. Horner | 12/15/11 7:57 AM

SitatI have seen apparent proof that the United States Department of Justice (DOJ), Criminal Division, is working with United Kingdom police to pursue the leaker of the 2009 and 2011 "Climategate" emails.

I have learned that last week DOJ sent a search-and-seizure letter to the host of three climate-change "skeptic" blogs. Last night, UK police raided a blogger's home and removed computers and equipment.

The leaked records derailed "cap-and-trade" legislation in the U.S. and, internationally, as well as talks for a successor to the Kyoto Protocol. The emails and computer code were produced with taxpayer funds and held on taxpayer-owned computers both in the US and the UK, and all were subject to the UK Freedom of Information Act, the U.S. Freedom of Information Act and state FOIA laws.

They also were being unlawfully withheld in both the UK (by the University of East Anglia) and the U.S. (Department of Commerce's National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA), including stonewalling me for two years, and three other requesters for longer).

The hunt involving U.S. and UK law enforcement agencies is now escalating. On Wednesday night UK time, six detectives with the UK police (Norfolk Police Department) raided the home of at least one blogger, removing his equipment to look for clues to the identity of leaker "FOIA 2011."

On December 9, DOJ sent a preservation letter under 18 U.S.C 2703(f) to the publication platform (website host) Wordpress. This authority authorizes the government to request an Internet Service Provider (ISP) to preserve all records of a specific account for 90 days while the feds work on a warrant.
It is easier to lie to someone than to convince them, that they have been lied to

Jostemikk

Det kan se ut som om makten bak dette og andre trusler mot vanlige menneskers Internettbruk blir ansett som en stor trussel mot menneskerettighetene:

Council of Europe alerts against pressure and attacks on new media, whistleblowers and human rights defenders websites

SitatCouncil of Europe alerts against pressure and attacks on new media, whistleblowers and human rights defenders websites

Strasbourg, 08.12.2011 – The Council of Europe Committee of Ministers today alerted its member states about the risks to the rights to freedom of expression and association that may be created by politically motivated pressure on Internet platforms and online service providers. It also expressed concern about the threat to these rights caused by cyber attacks against websites of independent media, whistleblowers, human right defenders and dissidents.

In a Declaration the Committee of Ministers stressed the need to affirm the roles of these actors as facilitators of the exercise of the rights to freedom of expression and freedom of assembly and association. It also stated that human rights standards should be applied in situations were there is interference with Internet content and with access to websites hosting it, as well as with online community interactions.

Council of Europe Directorate of Communication

Spiren

Amatør1

Som jeg har pekt på i tidligere innlegg, er det åpenbart at hensikten med dette raidet fra tankepolitiet er å skremme bloggere og andre til taushet. Sanneheten om klimasvindelen skal for all del undertrykkes.

BREAKING: As Jeff ID says, "The Empire Strikes Back"

The point of this is not to catch the leaker, it's to intimidate bloggers.

Sitat fra: joannenova.com
SitatJeff ID writes:   Tallbloke a fellow recipient blog of the climategate emails, and linked on the right, was raided today in what seems to be a coordinated effort by Metropolitan Police, the Norfolk Constabulary and the Computer Crime division and the U.S. Department of Justice Criminal Division.  His home was raided and computers were taken for 'examination'.

They don't really want to catch the leaker, because a whistleblower is protected by UK legislation. The proof that this is aimed at intimidating bloggers rather than catching the climategate leaker is the coordinated and pointless US dept of Justice action through wordpress. To wit:

SitatBoth Tallbloke and JeffID received "the following notification from the U.S. Department of Justice Criminal Division and forwarded by Ryan at WordPress.  ClimateAudit is also mentioned yet I'm not certain that Steve Received notice.  It seems that the larger paid blogs may not have received any notice.  On pdf -WordPress Preservation Request-1"

The notification apparently asks them not to make the information public or else... they may terminate their wordpress account.
It is easier to lie to someone than to convince them, that they have been lied to

Amatør1

Fra The Guardian

Hacked climate emails: police seize computers at West Yorkshire home

(Legg merke til at The Guardian 'outer' TallBloke ved å referere hans fulle navn. Dette er en del av trakkaseringen).

SitatA spokesman for the University of East Anglia said today: "We are pleased to hear that the police are continuing to actively pursue the case following the release last month of a second tranche of hacked emails from the Climatic Research Unit. We hope this will result in the arrest of those responsible for the theft of the emails and for distorting the debate on the globally important issue of climate change."

På engelsk finnes det et uttykk for å kommentere slike ønsker fra UEA:

They should be careful what they wish for.

Bebben

Hm, interessant at de her ikke gjengir Jeff Ids riktige navn - var det ikke Guardian som røpte dette første gangen, etter tips fra politiet?

Uansett er det artig at mens pressen krampaktig har latt være å skrive om Climategate 2.0, så ble de nesten nødt til å nevne det nå. Politiransakingen skaper blest om saken! Kanskje ikke det de mest ønsket seg.

Jostemikk

Amatør1 og Bebben er begge inne på noe viktig. Endelig ble det litt blest om Climategate-sakene, og dette kan risikere å bakfyre solid.

Spiren

seoto

Det kan se ut som om Lord Monckton absolutt ikke ligger på latsiden. Så kanskje det blir litt blest om Climategate 2? Dette er postet på
Climate Depot:

SitatNow that six policemen from the Norfolk and Metropolitan forces have invaded the home and "borrowed" the computers of "Tallbloke", the first blogger in the UK to reveal the existence of the 5000 Climategate 2.0 emails, you may ask why the British police seem so much more interested in tracking down and punishing the whistle-blower/"thief" than in dealing with the many crimes by crooked IPCC "scientists" that the emails expose.
Until now, those of us who have dared to question how much "global warming" a doubling of atmospheric CO2 concentration this century may cause have been altogether too nice to lodge a criminal complaint with our local police precinct. That must now change. This note proposes a way forward.