Dagens klima link

Startet av Gloføken, november 05, 2011, 14:31:56 PM

« forrige - neste »

Spiren

Det er ikke noe farligere i verden enn opprigtig uvitenhet og pliktoppfyllende dumhet.
Martin Luther King.

Spiren

Restoring facts to climate science
SitatWhen the panel published previous assessment reports in 1990, 1995, 2001 and 2007, most in media, government and the public regarded their conclusions as irrefutable, the most authoritative, up-to-date word from thousands of scientists in the field. However, things may be very different this time around. Since the last report, the current period of no global warming has extended to 17 years. This has occurred despite the continuing rise in carbon-dioxide levels, something none of the organization's climate models predicted.

Other alarming forecasts — increasing tropical cyclones and tornadoes, rapid sea-level rise and sudden ice melt — have not come about.

The Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change suffered damaging blows to its credibility as a result of the discovery of serious science mistakes in its documents, extreme bias in its operation, and that 30 percent of the references for the 2007 Fourth Assessment Report were derived from non-expert sources.

Nevertheless, the Fifth Assessment Report will include little that could shed doubt on the central thesis of all U.N. climate work: Emissions of greenhouse gases (primarily carbon dioxide) from human activities, especially the combustion of coal, oil and natural gas, are causing dangerous global warming and other climate problems. The science is "settled," they will tell us.

This is because all U.N. climate change activities are based on the U.N. Framework Convention on Climate Change, which declared in 1992 that we must achieve "stabilization of greenhouse gas concentrations in the atmosphere at a level that would prevent dangerous anthropogenic interference with the climate system."

The framework convention then created climate change "roadmaps" for the world to follow. They brokered international climate treaties. They will run the $100 billion Green Fund to funnel money to developing nations, and other U.N. agencies will monitor national emissions and orchestrate enforcement.
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/sep/16/harris-restoring-facts-to-climate-science/#ixzz2f8BIgRY0
Det er ikke noe farligere i verden enn opprigtig uvitenhet og pliktoppfyllende dumhet.
Martin Luther King.

seoto

SitatRajendra Pachauri, Fake Nobel Laureate

Stoltenberg falsely told the world that Pachauri was himself a laureate. A kernel of truth, spun by a Prime Minister, became the basis of an urban legend.

Ikke er hun spesielt imponert over Nobelpris-komiteen forøvrig heller ... Hun har problemer med å forstå hvorfor Obama fikk fredsprisen.
Noen ganger er løgnen for stor til at man kan få øye på den.
Og når man ikke kan se at det er en løgn, velger man naturlig å tro på den.

Spiren

A Turning Point for the IPCC...and Humanity?

I usually don't comment on recently published climate research papers, partly because they rarely add much, and partly because other blogs do a pretty good job of covering them anyway. The reason why I say "they rarely add much" is that there are a myriad of theories that can be justified with some data, but rarely is the evidence convincing enough to hang your hat on them.

One of the things I've learned in the climate research business is that it is really easy to be wrong, and really difficult to be right. There are many competing theories of what causes climate change, and they can't all be correct.

http://www.drroyspencer.com/2013/09/a-turning-point-for-the-ipcc-and-humanity/
Martin Luther King.

Amatør1

Sitat fra: seoto på september 17, 2013, 21:23:06 PM
Ikke er hun spesielt imponert over Nobelpris-komiteen forøvrig heller ... Hun har problemer med å forstå hvorfor Obama fikk fredsprisen.

Synd det ikke går an å kommentere der:

Sitat(In its wisdom, the committee two years later bestowed the same prize on Barack Obama. He'd been in office for less than a year, but these people were already confident that his contribution to world peace would be momentous.)

En korreksjon:. Tidsfristen for nominasjon til Fredsprisen utløper 1. februar samme år prisen deles ut. I Obamas tilfelle vil det si 1. februar 2009. Obama tiltrådte som president første gang 20. Januar 2009. Han gjorde seg altså fortjent til Nobelprisen i løpet av 11 dager, medregnet tiden det tok for at noen skulle bli tilstrekkelig imponert av hans meritter, og samtidig få tid til å sende nominasjonsbrev til Norge.
It is easier to lie to someone than to convince them, that they have been lied to

Jostemikk

Sitat fra: Spiren på september 17, 2013, 21:33:52 PM
A Turning Point for the IPCC...and Humanity?

I usually don't comment on recently published climate research papers, partly because they rarely add much, and partly because other blogs do a pretty good job of covering them anyway. The reason why I say "they rarely add much" is that there are a myriad of theories that can be justified with some data, but rarely is the evidence convincing enough to hang your hat on them.

One of the things I've learned in the climate research business is that it is really easy to be wrong, and really difficult to be right. There are many competing theories of what causes climate change, and they can't all be correct.

http://www.drroyspencer.com/2013/09/a-turning-point-for-the-ipcc-and-humanity/

Takk for sitat og link, Spiren. Det er et godt innlegg av Spencer dette, og jeg synes å ane en mann som har reflektert mye over en del av det som har skjedd den siste tiden. Anbefalt lesning. :D
Ja heldigvis flere der ser galskapen; men stadig alt for få.
Dertil kommer desværre de der ikke vil se, hva de ser.

Spiren

Jostemikk

Sitat fra: Amatør1 på september 17, 2013, 21:46:42 PM
Sitat fra: seoto på september 17, 2013, 21:23:06 PM

Synd det ikke går an å kommentere der:

Sitat(In its wisdom, the committee two years later bestowed the same prize on Barack Obama. He'd been in office for less than a year, but these people were already confident that his contribution to world peace would be momentous.)

En korreksjon:. Tidsfristen for nominasjon til Fredsprisen utløper 1. februar samme år prisen deles ut. I Obamas tilfelle vil det si 1. februar 2009. Obama tiltrådte som president første gang 20. Januar 2009. Han gjorde seg altså fortjent til Nobelprisen i løpet av 11 dager, medregnet tiden det tok for at noen skulle bli tilstrekkelig imponert av hans meritter, og samtidig få tid til å sende nominasjonsbrev til Norge.

Gode poenger som virkelig latterliggjør hele Nobelkomiteen. For en patetisk gjeng med politiske aktivister!

Jeg vil imidlertid korrigere en ting. Den amerikanske "presidenten" heter Barry Soetoro, og er ikke president, for det kan man ikke bli i USA når man er Indonesisk statsborger født i Kenya. Det hele er kun stoff til et nytt kapittel i The Matrix.

Spiren

Amatør1

Sitat fra: Jostemikk på september 17, 2013, 21:51:01 PM
Gode poenger som virkelig latterliggjør hele Nobelkomiteen. For en patetisk gjeng med politiske aktivister!

Når vi først er inne på Obama og Nobelprisen, sjekk dette.... på NrK!

Sitat– Jeg synes Nobelkomiteen bør bøye hodene sine i skam
Fredsprisvinner Jody Williams bruker sterke ord for å karakterisere tildelingen av fredsprisen til Barack Obama.

– Jeg skjønner ikke hvordan de kunne gi prisen til en som førte to kriger på en gang. Jeg nekter å se på ham som en vinner av fredsprisen. Jeg synes de som satt i Nobelkomiteen som ga fredsprisen til Barack Obama bør bøye hodene sine i skam, sier Jody Williams til NRK.no.
It is easier to lie to someone than to convince them, that they have been lied to

Spiren

Gigantisk klimarapport giver kun marginalt udbytte.

9.2oo artikler og 54.677 kommentarer.

209 hovedforfatttere og 50 review-redaktører fra 39 lande har gennemgået flere end 9.2oo videnskabelige artikler og to millioner gigabyte af data fra klimamodeller for at  komme frem til den endelige rapport. I processen har forfatterne endvidere skulle tage stilling til 54.677 indsendte kommentarer.

http://ing.dk/artikel/gigantisk-klimarapport-giver-kun-marginalt-udbytte-161798
Martin Luther King.

Amatør1

Sitat fra: Spiren på september 18, 2013, 10:02:03 AM
I processen har forfatterne endvidere skulle tage stilling til 54.677 indsendte kommentarer.

Det er jo bare omtrent dobbelt så mange som vårt Klimaforskning.com sitt Statistikksenter har registrert for dette forumet.  Og IPCC har jo hatt mye lengre tid.  :P  8)

Jostemikk

Joanne Nova - A win for Australia! Government scraps Climate Commission.

Sitat

Taxpayers rejoice! The science-propaganda agency is gone for good. One down — scores to go.

Tony Abbott was sworn in yesterday. Today Greg Hunt rang Tim Flannery to tell him the commission is closed. His $180,000 3-day-a-week job as a sales agent for "climate change" is over.

BREAKING (ABC):  The Abbott Government has abolished the Climate Commission, pushing ahead with its plan to scrap government bodies associated with Labor's carbon pricing scheme and climate change policy.

The commission was set up under then prime minister Julia Gillard in February 2011 as an independent body "to provide reliable and authoritative" information on climate change.

Wattsupwiththat - Climateer Tim Flannery sacked in Oz

Sitat

Climateer Tim Flannery sacked in Oz

A strong cold wind of reform is sweeping around Australia:

PROFESSOR Tim Flannery has been sacked by the Abbott Government from his $180,000 a year part time Chief Climate Commissioner position with the agency he runs to be dismantled immediately.

Environment Minister Greg Hunt called Prof Flannery this morning to tell him a letter formally ending his employment was in the mail.

In the letter, Mr Hunt tells Prof Flannery:

SitatThe Climate Commission does not have an ongoing role, and consequently I am writing to advise you that the Climate Commission has been dissolved, with effect from the date of this letter.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/national/tim-flannery-sacked-climate-commission-dismantled-by-coalition/story-fni0xqrb-1226722779566

h/t to WUWT reader "New Broom"

The question now is, which NGO will pick up this fool?

Bishop Hill - Flannery flung out

SitatNew Australian PM Tony Abbott has got straight down to the job of cleaning the Augean stables of public sector sinecures. Top of the list seems to have been Tim Flannery, the head of the Climate Commission.

SitatPROFESSOR Tim Flannery has been sacked by the Abbott Government from his $180,000-a-year part-time Chief Climate Commissioner position, with the agency he runs to be dismantled immediately.

Environment Minister Greg Hunt called Prof Flannery this morning to tell him a letter formally ending his employment was in the mail.

Good things happen when conservatives are in power.

Spiren

seoto

Takk for opplysningen! Det var den nest beste opplysningen jeg har fått på lenge! ;)

Andrew Bolt har en god artikkel i Herald Sun, der Gillard-regjeringen får passet sitt påskrevet!

SitatAbbott begins his revolution

... Ignore Labor, which attacks Abbott for not having more women - like, say, its own Penny Wong, admired by journalists for being a gay Asian woman, when she should have been pilloried for being a disastrous Finance Minister, presiding over mad spending in a Budget-blowing government.

Same with Julia Gillard. What really counts: that she was our first female Prime Minister, or our worst? In the Age of Seeming, a Gillard is a hero. In an Age of Doing, a zero. ...

Gratulerer Australia! (håper jeg ...)
Noen ganger er løgnen for stor til at man kan få øye på den.
Og når man ikke kan se at det er en løgn, velger man naturlig å tro på den.

Spiren

Martin Luther King.

Amatør1

Sitat fra: Jostemikk på september 19, 2013, 11:28:48 AM

SitatNew Australian PM Tony Abbott has got straight down to the job of cleaning the Augean stables of public sector sinecures. Top of the list seems to have been Tim Flannery, the head of the Climate Commission.

SitatPROFESSOR Tim Flannery has been sacked by the Abbott Government from his $180,000-a-year part-time Chief Climate Commissioner position, with the agency he runs to be dismantled immediately.

"In an odd way this is cheering news !"

Jostemikk

Sitat fra: Amatør1 på september 19, 2013, 20:05:33 PM
Sitat fra: Jostemikk på september 19, 2013, 11:28:48 AM

"In an odd way this is cheering news !"

Mennesker uten moral og empati.

Spiren