Utdanningsforbundet vil satse på klimaundervisning

Startet av affen, april 15, 2014, 21:37:33 PM

« forrige - neste »

Jostemikk

Det jeg legger ut her nå handler ikke om det norske utdanningsforbndet/-systemet, men det amerikanske. Så kan vi jo leve i frykt for at det sedvanlige skjer, at det USA gjør, blir før eller senere kopiert av Norge. Dette er et skremmende eksempel på det en kan kalle Du tror det ikke selv om du ser det-politikk. Det er sjelden jeg reagerer så kraftig på noe som jeg gjorde da jeg leste dette, og vil sette stor pris på kommentarer om dette. Jeg tror det er så alvorlig at det er et viktig tema å snakke om. Det handler om den nye lærestandarden i det amerikanske skolesystemet, kalt Common Core State Standards Initiative.

SitatCommon Core State Standards Initiative

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Common Core State Standards Initiative is an education initiative in the United States that details what K-12 students should know in English language arts and mathematics at the end of each grade. The initiative is sponsored by the National Governors Association (NGA) and the Council of Chief State School Officers (CCSSO) and seeks to establish consistent education standards across the states as well as ensure that students graduating from high school are prepared to enter credit-bearing courses at two- or four-year college programs or enter the workforce.

http://thetruthwins.com/archives/you-wont-believe-the-method-that-common-core-is-using-to-teach-our-kids-subtraction

SitatYou Won't Believe The Method That Common Core Is Using To Teach Our Kids Subtraction

By Michael Snyder, on April 18th, 2014

The dumbing down of America is accelerating.  A massive federal takeover of education known as "Common Core" is attempting to impose nationwide academic standards on public schools throughout the entire country.  Thanks to the backing of billionaire Bill Gates, endless promotion by the U.S. Department of Education, and financial bribes to state governments by the Obama administration, 45 states and Washington, D.C. have already agreed to implement the full Common Core standards in their schools.  Unfortunately, these "standards" are doing to public education what Obamacare is doing to our health care system – absolutely ruining it.  Just look at how basic math instruction has changed.  Posted below is a comparison between the "old method" of subtraction and the "new method" of subtraction being taught in many of our schools.  When I first came across this on Facebook, I thought that it was a joke...

[attachimg=1]

SitatI thought that there was no possible way that this could be real.  I really thought that this must have come from some sort of parody website.

But it is actually true.

Here is another example of this.  The following is an incredibly bizarre Common Core math problem and the response by one very frustrated parent that has gone viral all over the Internet recently...

[attachimg=2]

SitatThe frustration being experienced by that parent is quite understandable.  When I first looked at that math question, I could almost feel myself getting dumber while I read it.

Is this kind of "math" really preparing our kids for the real world?

I think not.

But these are the kinds of questions that textbook writers come up with as they attempt to implement the standards of Common Core...

SitatThe question appears to be aiming for several of the main Common Core math standards for second grade:

1) A requirement that students understand place value, for instance, that "100 can be thought of as a bundle of ten tens — called a 'hundred.'"

2) That students be able to "add and subtract within 1000, using concrete models or drawings and strategies based on place value ... and relate the strategy to a written method." Also that they "understand that in adding or subtracting three-digit numbers, one adds or subtracts hundreds and hundreds, tens and tens, ones and ones; and sometimes it is necessary to compose or decompose tens or hundreds."

3) That they can "explain why addition and subtraction strategies work, using place value and the properties of operations."

4) And that they can "represent whole numbers as lengths from 0 on a number line diagram with equally spaced points corresponding to the numbers 0, 1, 2, ..., and represent whole-number sums and differences within 100 on a number line diagram."

Here is another example of some Common Core math...

[attachimg=3]

SitatWhat?

Are you kidding me?

Why make things so convoluted?

Are they actually trying to make our kids hate math more than they already do?

And old terms such as "add" and "subtract" are out.  As you can see from the "Common Core – Parent Cheat Sheet" posted below, our kids are now learning how to "increase" and "decrease"...

[attachimg=4]

Sitat...

We live at a time when Americans have already become incredibly dumbed down.

Do we really want to sink even lower?

Posted below is stunning video of an Illinois Curriculum Director explaining that under Common Core, it is okay for children to say that "three times four equals eleven" as long as they can give the reasons for their answer...

http://www.youtube.com/v/DW0VxxoCrNo

Les hele artikkelen ved å klikke linken over.
Ja heldigvis flere der ser galskapen; men stadig alt for få.
Dertil kommer desværre de der ikke vil se, hva de ser.

Spiren

Jostemikk

Denne er kanskje en god illustrasjon på hva som skjer? Abbott And Costello 13 X 7 is 28:

http://www.youtube.com/v/XnICFjDn97o
Ja heldigvis flere der ser galskapen; men stadig alt for få.
Dertil kommer desværre de der ikke vil se, hva de ser.

Spiren

seoto

Ha-ha-ha! Den var virkelig morsom  ;D Hvor har det blitt av god humor i dag?
(Jada, jeg vet - man klarer ikke å følge med i tidens utvikling, derfor syntes alt å ha vært bedre tidligere. Men jeg synes fremdeles ikke noe om den formen for "humor" man ser på TV i dag, den er bare fordummende i mine øyne. Men det er kanskje meningen?)
Noen ganger er løgnen for stor til at man kan få øye på den.
Og når man ikke kan se at det er en løgn, velger man naturlig å tro på den.