1 april klima er ingen spøk

Startet av ConTrari, april 03, 2012, 18:53:59 PM

« forrige - neste »

ConTrari

..så derfor er det kanskje ikke så mange som våger seg utpå med en saftig historie? Iallfall ikke i MSM, en fleip om klimakrise iAP vil nok medføre fare for rask avskjed, og det er stor fallhøyde fra toppen av Postbygget. Og ellers i verden har kanskje alarmistene mettet markedet for fantastiske klimafantasier forlengst, vil noen overhodet reagere om vi serverte en drøy klimahistorie?

Nei, det er nok best å ikke konkurrere med hysterikerne på det området, de vinner "hands down"  8)

Men her er en reprise fra WUWT 1. april i fjor, om å redde verden ved å senke trykket i byens brannhydranter. Men først et herlig sitat fra Watts hjembys lokale forskrifter, der det er HELT uakspetabelt å "produce, test, maintain, or store within the city a nuclear weapon, component of a nuclear weapon, nuclear weapon delivery system, or component of a nuclear weapon delivery system." Byen er nemlig en atomvåpenfri sone!

"Chico has a city ordinance preventing storing or testing of a nuclear device within city limits, punishable by a $1000 fine and jail time. At left, here's a newspaper clipping from 1983 talking about how it came to be. City municipal code section 9.60, Ordinance 1564 §2 says:

The city council finds and declares as follows:
    A. That the possibility of nuclear war is a clear and present danger that threatens not only the health, safety and welfare of the citizens of the Chico community, but also their very existence.
    B. That the use of nuclear weapons in the event of war, whether for the purpose of self defense or any other purpose, is totally unacceptable.
    C. That even participation in preparation against nuclear war is inappropriate in that it lends credence to the belief that such a war is survivable when in fact it is not.
    D. That by reason of the foregoing, the interest of the citizens of the Chico community will be best served by making the city a nuclear free zone in which the production, testing, maintenance, and storage of nuclear weapons and nuclear weapons delivery systems is prohibited and in which the appropriation or use of city funds or property for participation in or preparation against nuclear war is also prohibited.

No person shall produce, test, maintain, or store within the city a nuclear weapon, component of a nuclear weapon, nuclear weapon delivery system, or component of a nuclear weapon delivery system. (Ord. 1564 §2 (part))"

Så her er "low-flow" historien:

"Given these sorts of things that come out of our university influenced city government,  it was no surprise to me then when about two months ago I heard a rumor in my local coffee shop, about some upcoming change to our fire protection system.

It seemed that there was a plan afoot to change out the fire hydrants in town. I asked around, but nobody seemed to know what it was about. All I heard was that it was in the planning stage and it had to do with water waste.

So changing fire hydrants? I figured it had something to do with all that. Maybe some new model that keeps kids from doing stuff like this and wasting water?

Then I thought, ya know, maybe this has something to do with sustainability. So I asked one of our local sustainability gurus. Yep he'd heard about it. In fact, he pointed me to the document that had the specs.

Remember when I mentioned the City Council voted in favor of signing on to the U.S. Conference of Mayors Climate Protection Agreement which had its roots in Portland?

Turns out there's a spec for sustainable fire hydrants.

That's right, the City of Chico is going to replace all of the standard fire hydrants with "low flow" fire hydrants in an effort to save water and money while at the same time being "sustainable".

Where could they get such a crazy idea?"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dlrtQb24Qxw&feature=player_embedded#!

http://wattsupwiththat.com/2010/04/01/chicos-new-sustainable-firefighting-idea/