2639.txt, Jones kollega bruker Climate Audit i undervisning

Startet av Jostemikk, november 23, 2011, 22:07:14 PM

« forrige - neste »

Jostemikk

date: Fri Sep 25 10:53:32 2009
subject: Re: [Fwd: CCNet: The Sun Could Be Heading Into A Period of
to: santer1, Tom Wigley

I have stopped sending data out to anybody after the stupid comment on Climate Audit by Peter Webster. We've had over 60 FOI requests for data. They are varied – many can be answered by telling people to read the literature. We're refusing those for the data. We're going to send an email to all NMSs thru MOHC and then release those where countries are happy for us to do so.

It is just a pain having to respond to them – someone else at UEA does this though.
I did send one of the requests to Myles as it was from one of his fellow profs in Physics at Oxford! Myles knows him well and he has never talked about climate with Myles – or expressed any views. Myles can't understand why he's getting his climate education from Climate Audit and not from colleagues in his own dept!

This annoys me too. I'd read up and talk to people if I were to ever attempt moving to another field! It is just common sense. Neil Adger has taken over the running of First Year course here in ENV. He asked Alan Kendall for the ppt for 2 lectures he gives. He sent them and 40 slides are taken from Climate Audit! A student asked Neil why Alan was saying things opposite to what Neil and Tim Osborn were saying!!!

Alan is retiring at the end of this year....thankfully.
Phil
Ja heldigvis flere der ser galskapen; men stadig alt for få.
Dertil kommer desværre de der ikke vil se, hva de ser.

Spiren

Amatør1

Sitat fra: Jostemikk på november 23, 2011, 22:07:14 PM
Alan is retiring at the end of this year....thankfully.

Det gjorde forsåvidt Phil Jones også, 2 måneder etter at han skrev den eposten, ihvertfall midlertidig. Han får jo en ny sjanse til å gjøre det en gang til igjen og kanskje permanent i år.

Det er nok endel "skapskeptikere" rundt om på universitetene, på tide at de kommer ut!!
It is easier to lie to someone than to convince them, that they have been lied to